16 Nov Baked sweet potato Recipe with borlotti bean stew
Baked sweet potato Recipe
Baked sweet potato and borlotti bean stew
4 SERVINGS – Cooking time: 30 minutes
Sweet potatoes are incredibly rich in antioxidant vitamins beta carotene and Vitamin E, both of which are required to keep the immune system functioning and to keep skin in good condition. When topped with the rich, thick bean stew all thoughts of your Cleanse will vanish!
1. Preheat oven to 200c / 400F. Prick the potatoes all over. Rub with oil and place on a baking tray.
2. Cook sweet potatoes until soft all the way when pierced with a knife. Meanwhile prepare the stew.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and sweat the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 5-10 minutes to allow the vegetables to soften and the sauce to thicken.
4. Open up the baked sweet potato and add stew.
Baked Sweet Potato recipe Ingredients
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 diced large red onion
- 100g sliced mushrooms
- 400g tomatoes
- 400g borlotti beans