25 Nov Black rice recipe and snow peas with dill
Spiced brown or black rice recipe and snow peas with dill
Steam the rice as directed on the packet.
In a deep frying pan warm the olive oil/ ghee, add the Curry Powder and chilli and cook for a further 2 mins. Toss in the diced onion & crushed garlic, stir then immediately add the cooked rice & finely sliced snow peas. Mix in chopped herbs & season to taste with gomashio & blk pepper.
Serve with a green salad, mixed sprout rainbow salad or steamed Broccoli florets…
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 200g Black rice cooked, rinsed & cooled.
- 1 tablespoon of organic olive oil or ghee
- 1 finely diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 finely sliced red chilli pepper
- 1tsp Curry powder
- 60g fresh or frozen garden peas
- 80g smoked tempeh cubed
- 3 sprigs of fresh dill chopped
- 3 sprigs flat leaf parsley chopped.