16 Dec Healthy Christmas Cake
If you’re starting to curate your Christmas menu, we’ve got the perfect nourishing dessert for you! Our fruit & hazelnut cake is packed with flavour and the delicious combination of cranberries, blueberries, oranges and vanilla marry beautifully to create a healthy spin on a Christmas classic.
This is an easy recipe that your family and friends will love. In comparison to other Christmas desserts it is straightforward to make and healthier too. Our Founder Chris James loves it, and what’s more you can keep the Christmas vibe by decorating the cake as you wish.
The ingredients are…
- 200g butter
- 200g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 250g brown sugar
- 200g cherry
- 100g rasin
- 100g cranberry
- 100g blueberry
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 100g almond, chopped
- 100g hazelnut, chopped
- 1tp vanilla extract
- 50ml brandy
The method is…
- Heat the oven to 160C/140C . Take a cake tin and grease it with a bit of butter and flour.
- Put the fruit (cherries, raisins, cranberries,blueberries, orange zest and juice) and brandy into a small pan and let it boil and simmer all together for about 3-4 minutes. Let it cool.
- Put the sugar, butter and vanilla in a bowl and mix it with a mixer until everything is merged and soft.
- Add the eggs, flour, almonds, hazelnuts . Mix again until all the ingredients are combined.
- Put the cake mixture into the cake tin.
- Bake for 1 hr 20 mins. Let it cool.
For the decorations on the top, you can use fruit as fresh cranberries or blueberries.
For more tips on how to live a healthier lifestyle, check out my new book, which is available on Amazon, and all leading bookstores, including Waterstones and Borders.
For your top tips on creating optimal health in the mind and body, read Chris James new book –‘Mind Body Cleanse’ by Chris James (Penguin Vermilion, £14.99). Available from Amazon.
Follow CJMB on social media:
For more blogs, click here https://www.chrisjamesmindbody.com/blog/